CRE@CTIVE - Innovation for bringing creativity to activate Traditional Sectors in MED área
On the 21st of December 2020, CEEBA participated in the kick-off meeting of the ENI CBC MED CRE@CTIVE project that targets to foster value chains and business alliances across the Mediterranean among MSMEs in the textile, clothing, footwear and leather sectors. These sectors have been largely affected by the generalised economic slowdown and the strong global competition in the last decade. The project aims at tackling these issues by supporting technological, managerial and operational innovation and creativity and thus increasing the economic opportunities for MSMEs by establishing linkages with international networks and creative clusters.
Over the span of 30 months partners will be working towards achieving the project objectives of innovating the Mediterranean business ecosystem, re-shaping business models and the strengthening of transnational innovation networks/ value chains in the Tex&Cloth, Footwear & Leather industry through:
· The design of a value-driven traditional sectors cross-border framework
· Empowerment of the traditional cross-border sectors
· Adoption of a public-private partnership (PPP) approach for traditional ecosystem governance and development
CEEBA is the official partner from Egypt in this project that involves 10 Mediterranean partners:
· Spain: Textile Research Association
· Italy: ARCA Consortium
· Italy: Municipality of Prato
· Tunisia: Pole de Competitive Monastir El Fejjaa "MFCPOLE"
· Palestine: The Leaders Foundation
· Palestine: Supreme Council for Creativity and Excellence
· Spain: Catalan Textile and Fashion Group
· Spain: Valencian Institute of Business Competitiveness
· Jordan: The Supreme Council for Science and Technology
· Egypt: Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce - Alexandria Chamber of Commerce
The total budget of the project is 3.2 million EURO and a maximum of 90% will be funded by the “Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme” ENI CBC Med 2014-2020. The 2014-2020 ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme is a multilateral CrossBorder Cooperation (CBC) initiative funded by the European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI). The Programme's objective is to foster fair, equitable and sustainable economic, social, and territorial development, which may advance cross-border integration and valorize participating countries’ territories and values. The following 13 countries participate in the Programme: Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Malta, Palestine, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia. The Managing Authority (JMA) is the Autonomous Region of Sardinia (Italy). Official Programme languages are Arabic, English, and French.
For more information, please visit: ENI CBC MED | CRE@CTIVE